Pecan Trees (Potted) - Ellis (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 7-9.
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
- About Bare Root Pre-Orders
ATTENTION: If your order contains both bare root and potted plants, your order will ship AFTER the bare root trees are harvested. Additional shipping fees may apply if you notify us that you would like to receive your potted trees sooner. Please note this only applies to combination (bare root & potted) tree orders. If your order only contains potted trees it will ship within the 7-10 business day window. If your order only contains bare root trees, it will ship in the order it was received, after the tree harvest. Thank you!
• Thank you for pre ordering! Please use code BR2018 at checkout to receive a limited time offer of 10% off your bare root order. Code is only valid on bare root pecan pre orders.
• Pecan bare root pre orders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Pre Orders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you pre ordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
Plant Me Green may not be the cheapest, but they are among the best. Trees always arrive well packed and in great shape. Survival rate of trees has been much better than other nurseries, which makes their trees a better value in the long run.
I have ordered from Plant Me Green several times before, and have always received what was advertised and was satisfied with what I received. The four "potted" pecan trees I ordered arrived looking fine; until I tried to plant them. When removing the first two trees from the pot, the potting "soil" (almost completely pine bark mulch) completely fell away from the roots. I was left with basically a bare-root tree in July. This happened with the first two trees. I didn't even attempt to plant the other two out of fear the same would happen to the others. Needless to say, both replanted trees are doing poorly and are already dropping leaves and appear on their way to dying despite my best efforts. I expected better. I've been planting and landscaping for over 20 years. Not happy. Just wasted over $100.