Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Elliot (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
Does Not Ship To:
- About Bare Root Preorders
Combination orders: Orders containing a mix of bare root plants and potted plants will all ship together. If you have questions about shipping please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Bare root orders only: Bare root trees have to be dormant in order to be shipped. We will begin shipping directly after they are harvested. If everything goes according to schedule, bare root shipping will begin the last week in January.
We currently cannot ship to the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or US territories. We cannot ship trees internationally.
STEP 1) First, decide on a planting location. Consider carefully what kind of sun, soil, and growing-space your tree or shrub will need.
STEP 2) Once you've located the perfect spot, the hole you are digging must be at least double the width and as deep as the root system you are planting.
STEP 3) Remove the plant from the pot and place the root ball in the hole. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Before placing the tree or shrub in the hole, use your hands to gently break up the root system.
STEP 4) Once the plant is in place, backfill the hole with native soil and any leftover potting material.
STEP 5) Pack down the soil to eliminate any air pockets.
STEP 6) When finished, water thoroughly.
More Information: Bare Root Planting Guide
• Pecan bare root preorders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Preorders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you preordered is not available, you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
I am very pleased with my order of bare root pecan trees. From the ordering process, to delays with shipping, and the condition of the trees on arrival, every step met and exceeded my expectations.
The trees arrived undamaged. Their bare roots were covered in wet shredded paper and wrapped in plastic. The trunks were very sturdy looking. Green tape marked where the trunk had rested in the ground. This made it easier to know how deep to plant the trees. I am looking forward to seeing them leaf out in the spring.
Trees look nice. Good root system. Hope they make it till planting season. Around here is is the middle of May.
Received 17 Pecan trees of three different varieties to grow on the farm. They were packed all in one box and were some what moist. It took Fedex three days to get them here? We put them to soak ASAP over night and stared planting them the next day. It took two full days to plant all the trees. Its been two months now and all the trees are doing GREAT! This is the second of many orders we will make for our farm. They are great to do business with and very happy with everything!!
Received 10 Pecan trees of two different varieties to grow in front yard. They came perfectly packed and were moist. Soaked them over night and planted the next day. 2 weeks later the buds are starting to grow and are about an inch long from the trunks. All I can say is I am ordering more shortly to finish planting in the front yard. (Make sure to water deeply every few days until they establish roots)