- About Bare Root Pre-Orders
Creek Pecan trees yield about 54 nuts per pound and have a moderate scab resistance. Creek nuts are long and narrow and elliptical in shape. The tree is a Type-1 pollinator and requires Type-Two pecan trees with which to pollinate.The tree grows to a mature height of 75 to 100 feet. It is hardy in Zones 6-9. USDA ZONES: Zone 6, Zone 7, Zone 8, Zone 9
Most Plant Me Green trees can be shipped and planted any time of year, unless the variety is specified as only seasonal delivery. Packages are typically shipped within 7-10 business days from the time of your order. You will receive a tracking email upon shipment of your Plant Me Green purchase. Delivery time cannot be guaranteed. If a package needs to arrive prior to a specific date, or at a more convenient time for you, please notate that upon placement of your order. On some occasions, severe weather and other unusual issues can delay shipping and delivery of your Plant Me Green package. Holiday shipping schedules are set by the carriers.
ATTENTION: If your order contains both bare root and potted plants, your order will ship AFTER the bare root trees are harvested. Additional shipping fees may apply if you notify us that you would like to receive your potted trees sooner. Please note this only applies to combination (bare root & potted) tree orders. If your order only contains potted trees it will ship within the 7-10 business day window. If your order only contains bare root trees, it will ship in the order it was received, after the tree harvest. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN NO LONGER SHIP TO THE FOLLOWING STATES: ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, HAWAII
First, decide on a planting location. Consider carefully what kind of sun, soil, and growing-space your tree or shrub will need. Once you've located the perfect spot, the hole you are digging must be at least double the width and as deep as the root system you are planting. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Before placing the tree or shrub in the hole, use your hands to gently break up the root system. Once the tree is in place, backfill the hole with native soil and any leftover potting material. Pack down the soil to eliminate any air pockets. When finished, water thoroughly. To insure your plants a successful growth rate and productive life, plant your seedlings per the instructions included in your PlantMeGreen package.
Pecan trees need water and sun in order to thrive. Be sure to plant in deep, moist, and well-drained soil. During the tree's first growing season, be sure to water regularly, about a gallon of water a day, (though you do not need to water every day in order to accomplish this). Prune pecan trees in the winter, making sure to prune lower hanging branches to encourage upward and lateral growth.
Bare Root Pecan Pre Order Terms & Conditions
• Thank you for pre ordering! Please use code BR2018 at checkout to receive a limited time offer of 10% off your bare root order. Code is only valid on bare root pecan pre orders.
• Pecan bare root pre orders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS
otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Pre Orders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you pre ordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.