Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Desirable (Type 1)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-9.
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
- About Bare Root Preorders
Most Plant Me Green trees can be shipped and planted any time of year, unless the variety is specified as only seasonal delivery (such as bare root trees). Our shipping schedule is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This is to ensure our trees do not stay in a box longer than necessary and arrive to you as healthy as possible. If a package needs to arrive prior to a specific date, or at a more convenient time for you, please notate that upon placement of your order. On some occasions, severe weather and other unusual issues can delay shipping and delivery of your Plant Me Green package. Holiday shipping schedules are set by the carriers.
More Information: Bare Root Planting Guide
• Pecan bare root preorders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Preorders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you preordered is not available, you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
1st the good, the tree came rapidly and it had a long tap root of which almost all of it was still attached. I got a tree years back that they had broken off the tap root and it struggled along for 2 years, never growing till it died.
The Bad, they removed ALL the hair roots; all it had was a dozen thin secondary roots off the tap. The hair roots are what a tree absorbs water and minerals with.
Its been about 2 weeks and the top has budded out. i know down below it is trying to form new hair roots. The buds will survive only so long without them before they die. The buds are literally living off the life of the wood right now. We will see if it survives or not. It is poor management to dig up a tree for bare root shipping and to clear the dirt in such a way as to strip away all the hair roots. The tree needed a few months in the ground in dormancy to have had time to grow back those hair roots. I see why they are so cheap. They just want to push them out the door for as much profit as they can get so as to not have a total loss, in the mean time a tree that dies just hurts their reputation of which I dont think they care. No wonder they wont warranty their bare root trees,
All is well!
The service and condition of trees has been top notch since I began ordering from you seven years ago. We had our first harvest last year---31 pecans--not bad for the sixth year. Desirables were the early producers. Thanks again
Great service. Arrived on time. Well packaged. Trees looked good with healthy roots. Let's see what happens. Wish them luck.
Trees have been amazing. Great root system. Packing was awesome