Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Gloria Grande (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 8-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
Does Not Ship To:
- About Bare Root Preorders
Combination orders: Orders containing a mix of bare root plants and potted plants will all ship together. If you have questions about shipping please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Bare root orders only: Bare root trees have to be dormant in order to be shipped. We will begin shipping directly after they are harvested. If everything goes according to schedule, bare root shipping will begin the last week in January.
We currently cannot ship to the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or US territories. We cannot ship trees internationally.
STEP 1) First, decide on a planting location. Consider carefully what kind of sun, soil, and growing-space your tree or shrub will need.
STEP 2) Once you've located the perfect spot, the hole you are digging must be at least double the width and as deep as the root system you are planting.
STEP 3) Remove the plant from the pot and place the root ball in the hole. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Before placing the tree or shrub in the hole, use your hands to gently break up the root system.
STEP 4) Once the plant is in place, backfill the hole with native soil and any leftover potting material.
STEP 5) Pack down the soil to eliminate any air pockets.
STEP 6) When finished, water thoroughly.
More Information: Bare Root Planting Guide
• Pecan bare root preorders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Preorders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you preordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
Trees were good size and nicer than expected, well packed and in excellent condition, pricing good, and delivered in a timely manner. Will definitely recommend and purchase from again.
I was very happy with the Gloria Grande pecan tree I recurved from Plant Me Green. I have no doubt it will grow into a beautiful tree our family will enjoy!
Plant arrived in good condition. Damp and packed in a bag with lots of dirt and roots. Planted according to directions. Watering according to directions. Time will tell if it settles and pray it will survive.
very strong specimen.