Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Ellis (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 7-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
- About Bare Root Pre-Orders
• Thank you for pre ordering! Please use code BR2018 at checkout to receive a limited time offer of 10% off your bare root order. Code is only valid on bare root pecan pre orders.
• Pecan bare root pre orders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Pre Orders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you pre ordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
pruned and planted next day. so far so good
My tree was received well packaged and had a large amount of paper around the roots to keep them moist during transit. The tree seems to be doing well as it's starting to sprout foliage. Time will tell how well it does.
If these sprout true to form, then it’s a 5 star purchase. Ordered 30, needed 32, my miscount. Were able to get these two within a week. Packaged well, a couple were sparse on feeder roots, but that’s normal with bare root. Trees appeared dug fresh. Time will tell if they all sprout and live. Planted in moist holes and should complete drip this week. Ashley, I think she said her name was, was very kind voiced, and was helpful
I can't say at this point. Trees look good. I will tell you if they hold up after a year.
The trees were in very good shape. I got them all in the ground the day I received them. I ordered one 4x4 potted tree as well just to see the difference. The tap root was shaped like a big hook pointing upward to the sky. So I cut the hook part off and planted it with a very short tap root. But, I think that was the best choice. I added ecto fungi with each tree. I believe all the trees are alive and doing well. Springtime will tell the story.
I doubt I will ever order a potted tree again. You are asking for messed up roots and paying extra for it. Doesn't make sense for me to go that route again. But the bare root trees were just fine.