Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Ellis (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 7-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
Does Not Ship To:
- About Bare Root Preorders
Combination orders: Orders containing a mix of bare root plants and potted plants will all ship together. If you have questions about shipping please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Bare root orders only: Bare root trees have to be dormant in order to be shipped. We will begin shipping directly after they are harvested. If everything goes according to schedule, bare root shipping will begin the last week in January.
We currently cannot ship to the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or US territories. We cannot ship trees internationally.
STEP 1) First, decide on a planting location. Consider carefully what kind of sun, soil, and growing-space your tree or shrub will need.
STEP 2) Once you've located the perfect spot, the hole you are digging must be at least double the width and as deep as the root system you are planting.
STEP 3) Remove the plant from the pot and place the root ball in the hole. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Before placing the tree or shrub in the hole, use your hands to gently break up the root system.
STEP 4) Once the plant is in place, backfill the hole with native soil and any leftover potting material.
STEP 5) Pack down the soil to eliminate any air pockets.
STEP 6) When finished, water thoroughly.
More Information: Bare Root Planting Guide
• Pecan bare root preorders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Preorders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you preordered is not available, you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
I am blown away with the packaging of this plant!
Trees were very well packaged and arrived in good shape...about 4 days shipping time. Had good root system and looked healthy. Would have preferred a bare root Amling as the potted version was a bit expensive ($59), but that was all that was available at the time. Overall, a good experience and I would certainly buy from them again.
it is blooming so far.
pruned and planted next day. so far so good
My tree was received well packaged and had a large amount of paper around the roots to keep them moist during transit. The tree seems to be doing well as it's starting to sprout foliage. Time will tell how well it does.