Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Zinner (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
Does Not Ship To:
- About Bare Root Preorders
Combination orders: Orders containing a mix of bare root plants and potted plants will all ship together. If you have questions about shipping please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Bare root orders only: Bare root trees have to be dormant in order to be shipped. We will begin shipping directly after they are harvested. If everything goes according to schedule, bare root shipping will begin the last week in January.
We currently cannot ship to the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or US territories. We cannot ship trees internationally.
STEP 1) First, decide on a planting location. Consider carefully what kind of sun, soil, and growing-space your tree or shrub will need.
STEP 2) Once you've located the perfect spot, the hole you are digging must be at least double the width and as deep as the root system you are planting.
STEP 3) Remove the plant from the pot and place the root ball in the hole. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Before placing the tree or shrub in the hole, use your hands to gently break up the root system.
STEP 4) Once the plant is in place, backfill the hole with native soil and any leftover potting material.
STEP 5) Pack down the soil to eliminate any air pockets.
STEP 6) When finished, water thoroughly.
More Information: Bare Root Planting Guide
• Pecan bare root preorders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Preorders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you preordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
I have ordered from Plant me green several times. Quick shipping, quality plants that grow well.
I only wish they could dig the holes for me. I'll be ordering again.
This is my second order of Zinner Pecans. I have never had this variety before. The first order was for larger bare root trees. This last order was for the reduced price small trees. I simply could not resist ordering four more trees. I was very well pleased with the larger trees, but simply delighted with the bargain trees! I couldn't ask for better trees. They are great.
My pre-ordered trees arrived in Feb., which was a good time for me to plant. Well packaged. All 15 trees looked great. Some looked like 2-3 yrs. old. Much better than I expected. Been planting them and looking forward to seeing leaves and growth next month. Thanks.
The box was one tough box good job . The tree is in good shape and starting to send out leafs thanks