Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Mandan (Type 1)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
- About Bare Root Pre-Orders
ATTENTION: If your order contains both bare root and potted plants, your order will ship AFTER the bare root trees are harvested. Additional shipping fees may apply if you notify us that you would like to receive your potted trees sooner. Please note this only applies to combination (bare root & potted) tree orders. If your order only contains potted trees it will ship within the 7-10 business day window. If your order only contains bare root trees, it will ship in the order it was received, after the tree harvest. Thank you!
• Pecan bare root pre orders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Pre Orders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you pre ordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
These were replacements for last year and is no comparison between the two. Last year, the the trees were heavily damaged by some wood boring insect; they were damaged enough that the trees root stock was reduced to 3-5 inches in some. I called as soon as possible to State the fact that the trees were unlikely to do well or survive. I was recommended that I plant them anyhow, but I would be offered replacement trees if they failed to thrive. I reiterated that were unlikely to thrive and that the year of potential growth on a good tree would not be compensated.
This year's trees had almost 3 feet of root stock, will very likely thrive, but I am were I was last year, instead of going into a second year of growth.
I had order previously and those trees, too, were in great condition. I was perplexed when I got those damaged trees last year. I would still recommend the site, but will offer my experience as a cautionary tale.
It came dormant but alive nice big root it should grow fast