Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Amling (Type 1)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 5-9.
This product is sold out
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
- About Bare Root Pre-Orders
Most Plant Me Green trees can be shipped and planted any time of year, unless the variety is specified as only seasonal delivery (such as bare root trees). Our shipping schedule is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This is to ensure our trees do not stay in a box longer than necessary and arrive to you as healthy as possible. If a package needs to arrive prior to a specific date, or at a more convenient time for you, please notate that upon placement of your order. On some occasions, severe weather and other unusual issues can delay shipping and delivery of your Plant Me Green package. Holiday shipping schedules are set by the carriers.
• Pecan bare root pre orders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Pre Orders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you pre ordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
Received 17 Pecan trees of three different varieties to grow on the farm. They were packed all in one box and were some what moist. It took Fedex three days to get them here? We put them to soak ASAP over night and stared planting them the next day. It took two full days to plant all the trees. Its been two months now and all the trees are doing GREAT! This is the second of many orders we will make for our farm. They are great to do business with and very happy with everything!!
I wanted trees but only the bare root was available, so I gave it a try. Big mistake. We had just experienced a week of solid rain so I could not plant them directly in the ground. I attempted to place in buckets until the ground dried a little but was unsuccessful due to the size of the bare roots. They would not even fit in ten gallon pots due to their length and as a result none of my bare root saplings survived to be transplanted into the ground. Stick with their trees. They are great.
Order was delivered fast. Trees appear very healthy with excellent root systems. They were all at the very minimum of the height description. If taller, prior to my pruning, I would have rated them 5 stars.
I ordered a couple of these bareroot Amling pecans about three years ago. The man I talked to on the phone was super helpful and knowledgeable and generous with his knowledge. The trees arrived in great shape and have done better than trees I paid twice the price for elsewhere. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Plantmegreen. Whether Amling will prove to be a good variety for my location remains to be seen. Bill Reid, the former extension pecan specialist with the awesome blog on northern pecans (continuing in retirement), suggested that my growing season on the western edge of the NC Piedmont might not be long enough to mature a crop of Amlings, but it seems otherwise like such a good variety for a no-spray yard tree that I wanted to try it anyway. I'd love to hear reports from anyone that has cropped this variety in more northerly areas like mine.
Great service,. very nice people. They kept me informed about my order and followed up after it arrived in great condition. Very good trees.