Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Candy (Type 2)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-9.
Plant Quick Guide
Full (6-8 hours)
Year to Bear:
- About Bare Root Pre-Orders
Candy trees are extremely attractive, leafing out quickly in the spring and producing a very lush and full canopy. This pecan exhibits good to excellent scab resistance in most locations. It yields a medium size nut with a moderately thin shell, 78 nuts per pound with 45% kernel. Candy begins to ripen in mid-October. It is a Type 2 pollinator. At maturity it can reach a height of 70 feet and a 50 foot spread. USDA ZONES: Zone 6, Zone 7, Zone 8, Zone 9.
Orders are typically shipped within 5-7 business days from the date of your order. You will receive a tracking email upon shipment of your Plant Me Green purchase. Delivery time cannot be guaranteed. Shipping and handling charges are calculated based on the tables below. Please note West Coast states ship only on Monday due to transit time and it will include a $10 shipping fee regardless of whether an order is over $100 due to shipping carrier costs.
Most Plant Me Green trees can be shipped and planted any time of year, unless the variety is specified as only seasonal delivery (such as bare root trees). Our shipping schedule is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This is to ensure our trees do not stay in a box longer than necessary and arrive to you as healthy as possible. If a package needs to arrive prior to a specific date, or at a more convenient time for you, please notate that upon placement of your order. On some occasions, severe weather and other unusual issues can delay shipping and delivery of your Plant Me Green package. Holiday shipping schedules are set by the carriers.
First, decide on a planting location. Consider carefully what kind of sun, soil, and growing-space your tree or shrub will need. Once you've located the perfect spot, the hole you are digging must be at least double the width and as deep as the root system you are planting. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Before placing the tree or shrub in the hole, use your hands to gently break up the root system. Once the tree is in place, backfill the hole with native soil and any leftover potting material. Pack down the soil to eliminate any air pockets. When finished, water thoroughly. To insure your plants a successful growth rate and productive life, plant your seedlings per the instructions included in your PlantMeGreen package.
Pecan trees need water and sun in order to thrive. Be sure to plant in deep, moist, and well-drained soil. During the tree's first growing season, be sure to water regularly, about a gallon of water a day, (though you do not need to water every day in order to accomplish this). Prune pecan trees in the winter, making sure to prune lower hanging branches to encourage upward and lateral growth.
Bare Root Pecan Pre Order Terms & ConditionsThank you for pre ordering!
• Pecan bare root pre orders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Pre Orders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally end of December/early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you pre ordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.