Few flowering plants can compete with crape myrtles for vibrant summer color. As an added bonus, crape myrtles thrive in heat and humidity and are drought tolerant once established. If you are considering adding a crape myrtle to your landscape, it is important to understand how to make a good buying decision.
• All crape myrtles are sun lovers; they must have full sun (6+ hours)
• Generally they are cold hardy in zones 7-10, although there are some that will work in zone 6 as well.
• They are extremely heat-tolerant and quite drought-tolerant once established.
• Note the mature height and structure (tree or shrub) of the crape myrtle in the description when purchasing for your landscape
• **Please Note: As this is a flowering shrub it does attract bees and can also provide habitat for birds